NOTE: THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SPECIFIC TO SMOOTHIE FIRMWARE
The Max Laser Output soft limit is 80% in the cohesion config specifically for those with digital panels because you really have no idea what your true output is (without a mA meter) and people have overdriven their tubes; so its a safety feature.
Well, luckily the configuration.txt file located on the MicroSD card that is in your C3D can be edited to allow 100% power (BE CAREFUL WITH THIS and watch your ammeter) . Below are the steps needed to modify the soft laser power limit:
- Power off and unplug your laser. Then remove the MicroSD card from the Cohesion3D Mini (its near the USB port)
- Use a card reader or SD card adapter to insert the MicroSD card into your computer
- Browse to the config.txt file on the MicroSD card and open it with a basic text editor
- Find the section “## Laser module configuration”
- Find “laser_module_maximum_power”. The default value should be .8 (80%)
- Change that value to 1 (100%)
- Save the file back on to the MicroSD card
- Eject the card from your computer
- Re-insert the MicroSD card into the Cohesion3D MicroSD card slot
- Power on your laser and test.
Here is a screenshot of the configuration section: